Experienced Designer/Animator for Concert Visuals and Broadcast Animation
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Award winning, Midwest-based motion design studio Lightborne Communications, Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate for a full time staff position at our Cincinnati, OH studio. We are in search of an experienced motion designer with a mind for creativity, serious design chops and the technical prowess to bring designs to life.
Lightborne is headquartered in our own renovated building in the famous and historic Over-The-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati, nestled among a thriving community of boutique restaurants, bars, music venues and breweries. We create stunning visuals for artists, brands, companies and events all over the world.
We are unique in that we have one foot in the advertising and marketing industry creating videos for national and international brands, with the other foot in live events for brands and concert/tour visuals for prominent touring artists such as Blake Shelton, Halsey, Imagine Dragons, Katy Perry, P!nk, Zac Brown Band, and many more.
We’re looking for a motion design craftsperson who can take a variety of projects from concept to fruition. You’ll be working with our team on live event & concert visuals, projection-mapping and broadcast animation. We tackle projects as a group, but each member of our team is counted on to be self motivated, organized and willing to dive in and take on creative and technical challenges. High bowling average and good taste in beer is a plus.
We are generally looking for somebody with 3-10 years of experience working in the professional world of broadcast level motion graphics. Experience in concert/tour visuals would be a bonus, but not required. Personal interest/experience in music or fine arts would also benefit potential applicants.
This is a full time staff position in our Cincinnati, OH studio. Lightborne offers competitive pay, with health, dental, vision & 401k benefits to qualified applicants.
- 3 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in a creative, team-based environment
Required Skills and Abilities
- Advanced After Effects capabilities (motion design, expressions, rigging).
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite Applications (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Premiere).
- Editing skills in Premiere or equivalent non-linear editor.
- Familiarity with Cinema 4D and Octane is a plus.
- Advanced compositing skills or visual effects experience are a plus.
- Flexible, positive attitude in the face of high pressure and stressful situations.
- Open mind and learning-oriented to continue to hone technical and creative skills in the field.
To apply, please submit your CV, cover letter, and online portfolio for consideration (online portfolio required) to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for considering a position at Lightborne!